A nourish bowl is simply a protein, healthy fat and fiber packed way to do some easy meal prep for your week ahead. The great thing is that you can get as creative as you want with this and switch it up based on your mood or what’s in your kitchen! They are so easy to make and are always packed with flavor.
Nourish Bowl = Greens of choice + Beans of choice + Protein of Choice + Grain of Choice
Pick a protein: tofu, chicken, fish (Buffalo sauce also goes great with chicken but can prepare however you like!)
Pick your greens: massaged kale, mixed greens, steamed broccoli
Pick your beans: black beans, chick peas, kidney beans, Navy beans
Pick your grain: Millet, Quinoa, Wild rice, Amaranth
Today, I am sharing a nourish bowl with buffalo tofu and a delicious vegan ranch dressing!
Remember, you can switch out any of these ingredients for what you have on hand. You also don’t have to make the dressing from scratch. Trader Joe’s Green Goddess dressing, Bragg’s Vinaigrette or Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing are all great options.
For the nourish bowl:
1 bag of kale, stems removed and ripped into small pieces
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 package of extra firm tofu (preferable non-GMO and organic)
4 cups vegetable broth
2 T. lemon juice
3 t. avocado oil
Salt to taste
For the ranch dressing:
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for several hours in water
2 T lemon juice (Juice of one lemon)
¾ cup unsweetened cashew milk
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
½ t dried parsley
1 T fresh chives, chopped
For the buffalo sauce:
1/3 cup hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot or Siete Foods)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T avocado oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
How to build:
- Cut tofu into cubes. Lay on oiled baking sheet and bake in 450-degree oven until crispy, 10-15 minutes. Toss once half way through baking.
- While tofu is cooking, boil 4 cups of vegetable broth and add 1 cup rinsed quinoa. Cook until quinoa is tender, then drain and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients for buffalo sauce in medium bowl and toss tofu in sauce until coated. Set aside.
- Place kale in a bowl and toss with 3 t. avocado oil, 2 T lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Massage for 5 minutes until kale has softened.
- Make your vegan cashew ranch by combining all ingredients in a high speed blender and blending until smooth.
- Open your can of beans, rinse and drain.
- Build your bowl! Combine handful massaged kale + ½ cup quinoa + ½ cup black beans + 4 oz. tofu and drizzle with ranch dressing
- Store leftovers in separate containers and build a nourish bowl anytime you need a quick and easy meal!